18 April 2008

Finally....Friday!

What a week! I could focus on the struggles and trials of the week (and believe me...more than one foolish thing happened!), but I would rather [and I am sure my Heavenly Father would agree with this] focus on the blessings instead....so, here we go:

1. for waking me up every morning "clothed in my right mind" (see earlier blog, if you miss that reference) - I say, thank you.

2. for friends and family who love and support me, in spite of my foolishness. (shout out to: Julie J, Ginny B, Jacquie T, and always always always, Linda A. - there are others, but these ladies were on their game this week!)

3. for the safe delivery of my newest baby cousin: Christopher Mark Vaughn McCrary - AMEN!!!

4. for unexpected financial blessings.

5. for confirmation of ministry.

6. for being able to pay my taxes and still meet my monthly responsibilities financially! AMEN!

7. for safe travel on the busy highways and byways of a busy metropolitan city

8. for a job that I love (most days) and that seemingly loves me (hey, they keep paying me to show up - AMEN!)

9. for my brother still being employed.

10. for reconnecting with old friends who I'd lost touch with over the course of life.

11. for intriguing new relationships...(yeah, let's keep that in prayer!)

12. for healing in my mother's throat. It is not fully manifested yet, but God is faithful and His will is going to be done, even there.

13. for spiritual and spirit-filled messages that come to me - often unexpectedly, but always on time.

14. for an awareness every day that it is not by my power or strength that I am able to do ANYTHING, but only through the grace of God and His mercy towards me am I able to shine as He wants me to.

I could go on and on and on, but I stopped at 14 'cause that's a special number to me. There's a song I used to sing as a child, "Count your blessings, name them one by one..." I think I need to do that a little more often. What about you?

Have a FABULOUS weekend.

Spend time with friends, family, loved ones.

Make some memories for the days ahead.

Cherish yourself.

Be blessed.

No comments: