09 April 2008

...a few days later...

My godsister Linda recently asked me "where do you find the time to try and do a daily blog?" and I assured her that I had it all under control...and then, I couldn't find time to write for almost a week. Sometimes, we think we "know" what's going on - only to be hit with the realities of life.

Change is a good thing, right? That's what people keep telling me. I'm finding out that sometimes, in the midst of all the changes, you just have to roll with the punches. Since the last time I wrote, there have been shakeups in my life: personally, socially, professionally - you name it, it's been shook! But in the midst of it all, some things have remained consistent - primarily, my Heavenly Father's love, care, concern and ministry to my life.

Some times in the midst of change, we can forget that. We can forget that He is consistent, unchanging, and always looking out for our best interests. I have some friends right now dealing with the sudden, unexpected loss of a loved one due to a car accident. It can be difficult when you are going through a change like this to remember that God is in control, that He is never changing, that His love is sustaining. Hard to remember, but how else can you survive the trials and pressures put upon you by loss, the world, the economy, your family, your friends...need I go on?

All I know is this: Change is inevitable. Lyrics to one of my favorite songs state "Everything must change. Nothing stays the same."...except the sustaining, loving Hands of the Creator.

Be blessed.

No comments: