15 February 2010

Another milestone reached…


Not that anyone is counting but Blogspot, but this marks the 200th blog that I have written since I began this experiment on March 27, 2008. That’s a lot of writing! Some of you have been following my musings since the first one entitled WHY I CHOSE THIS NAME FOR MY BLOG. I thank you for your love, support and comments. Some only became aware of my writing when I started “feeding” my blog to my Facebook page as NOTES and again, the feedback has been invaluable.

I have written about … well, everything. Personal struggles and accomplishments. Random views on current local, national and worldwide events. I have expressed my thoughts and opinions on everything from holidays, love, and my relationship struggles with family, friends and God. Sometimes I've written with great gravity and tears behind the writings, but for the most part, I have tried to inject some laughs and humor along the way. Most importantly, I strive with most writings to point to my Heavenly Father, because it is because of Him that I am who I am – His Favorite Child.

Finding topics to write about hasn’t always been easy. This fact constantly surprises me because I ALWAYS have something to say about something. However, I have found that, in an effort to be aware of my audience, and to make sure that feelings aren’t hurt or that what I am saying is not misinterpreted: I sometimes have to shift, adjust and change what I TRULY want to say. Some days, it is easy to write: I wake up and the blog is fully developed in my head and all I have to do is put it down on paper. Sometimes, I think I know what I am going to say, but I'll start writing and the blog takes on a life of its own. And then there are the days when I got nothing. Boot up the computer and the cursor just blinks at me – waiting, waiting, waiting. In the past, the waiting cursor would discourage me and I’d walk away and just not write – some times for days or weeks on end. A prime example was 2009, which was a challenging year for me on sooo many levels. I found that I just shut down and could not put the hurt and pain to paper. In fact, I only wrote 66 blogs in the entire year. Looking back, that was not the correct way to respond to the challenges and I wonder about the lessons learned that were not.

It has only been in the last few weeks that I have made a dedicated effort to write every day. I am praying that God will guide my steps as I continue this journey. I am confident that my words are not going out into a vacuum because the feedback I get from my readers tells me that someone is reading and listening to what I am rambling about. I pray every day that someone is blessed by something I write. And as I write, I pray that I grow closer to my Father as He shows me His love for me. I solicit your prayers as I continue this journey and as I make plans to follow His leading and promptings for me to step up my game. (But more about that later)

Again, thank you for reading and listening. And a special thanks for those of you who take the time to respond and comment and encourage. It means more than you know. Stay tuned and as always,

Be blessed.

PS: If you “missed” some of the earlier writings and want to check them out, the website for the blog is www.godsfavoritechildspeaks.blogspot.com.

No comments: