28 May 2008

Under attack...again!

Today's text: Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. (Matthew 10:16)

Not so long ago, I alluded to a situation of attack that I found myself undergoing at work. I prayed about it, my prayer warriors went before the throne of grace about it, and I thought I had been delivered. Obviously, the enemy had another plan because on yesterday, the demons attacked again. I guess there is something in my character that God sees He needs to develop in me. I am not sure what it is, but I am seeking His face in this situation.

We are admonished in the text above that we should be "wise as serpents, and harmless as doves," but what does that REALLY mean in the scheme of things? For me, it means that I need to NOT get all up in my co-workers' faces and explode (as I wanted to do on yesterday when this all went down). It means that I need to pray - and pray hard - for the people behind the attack. I was focusing on the situation, I need to focus on the people. I need to document, cover my ... tracks, watch my back. Everyone who smiles in your face is not your friend. (I thought I'd learned that lesson before - guess I need to learn it again.) And I need to, no matter what is thrown my way, reflect the love and character of Christ.

Will you pray for and with me to that end? Thanks.

Be blessed.

No comments: