03 November 2008

The longest day EVER!

I don't get why people get so excited about Daylight Savings Time and time "falling back" for an hour. Yesterday was the longest day EVER in history! Because my body clock didn't know time fell back an hour, I was wide awake at 5:30a! (yes, I normally wake up around 6:30a on Sundays because I have a weekly phone call with my 88 year old grandmother on Sunday mornings that starts at 7:00a.) WIDE AWAKE and could not go back to sleep - I went online to Facebook, I sorted through papers, everything - anything in an attempt to fall back asleep. Didn't work.

And then, throughout the day - no matter what time I looked at the clock, it was 1:00 in the afternoon - or so it seemed. Time just did not move! It was dark at 6:00p, so that threw me even more off whack - and in an effort to "reset" my internal clock, I forced myself to stay up until the new "11:00 p.m." (which in reality was midnight), only to be wide awake again at 3:00a! The LED display on my clock just mocked me as I lay there trying to go back to sleep. I finally just got up, did my devotional study, got on the computer (yes, I was on Facebook before 4:00a! There is just something wrong with that on so many levels!) - only to get sleepy as my alarm went off. Of course since I'd already done everything I normally do in the morning, I had to pitter patter around for an hour before finally leaving to catch my bus to work. And you know by 3:00p this afternoon, all I will want to do is put my head on my desk, close my eyes and take a nap. Think my bosses will go for that? Yeah, I don't think so either.

Maybe it won't be too bad.
Maybe.

Be blessed.

No comments: