01 December 2008

God is all around us...


"God is all around us, Even when we feel we're all alone. Can't you hear Him whispering your name, telling you that you're His own?"

Me and my song lyrics...this one from a song by a group called Anointed from their album, THE CALL. Beautiful song and so appropriate to what I want to write about. Lin and I were sitting on the beach yesterday and we started talking about how here we were sitting on the beach in Mexico, basking in 80 degree weather (I know, I'm rubbing this in just a little too much, huh? Sorry.) while our families back home in Atlanta and Seattle were suffering with cool temperatures and rainy weather - and yet, God was watching over them just as He was watching over us. That even though we were separated by thousands of miles from our loved ones, He was not separate from any of us at any time. How amazing is that?

I don't take it for granted that God is constantly, consistently and always blessing me and my loved ones. I thank Him for all the blessings He pours into my life, and while I get much grief all the time about claiming to be His "favorite" child, I honestly believe that because things happen to and for me all the time that prove to me that I am important to Him. Look at the sunset in this picture - God's personal "good night" to me (and my godsister) just because we took the time to stop and look and thank Him for it. He'll do the same for you if you let Him, but so many of us get caught up in the daily busy-ness of our lives and don't acknowledge the "little" ways in which He blesses us every day. We thank Him for the "big" things - jobs, family, finances, health - and forget that the ability to move, breathe, appreciate, love (or hate if you so choose) are all blessings as well.

I pray that you will take time today and acknowledge His presence - large or small; still and quiet; loud and booming - however, He comes to you - acknowledge Him and say, Thanks. He is worthy of that, don't you think?

Be blessed.

No comments: